Welcome

Please Say Hello
TheYoungPunter

Re: Welcome

Postby TheYoungPunter » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:57 pm

Hey everyone , I'm Josh , 19 years old hence the name 'TheYoungPunter' I have loved football and horse racing since I can remember and a daily user of the great set of tools Patternform has to offer

Thank you Martin , Please keep up all the hard work.

Cheers Josh 8-)

stevejg

Postby stevejg » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:55 pm

hi look forward to using pattern form may help with my selections mediocre punter at best so lets see how it gos

martinkil

Postby martinkil » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:04 pm

Hi Stevejg - do you use the exchanges - and have you tried dobbing - http://www.patternform.co.uk/dobbing.htm ?

stevejg

Postby stevejg » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:17 pm

no and no work takes up most of my time so just an old fashioned gambler patent here and there with the odd l/15

fgould

Postby fgould » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:33 pm

hi its frank here :D
thanks for a great site

frank

SheerluckHolmes

Postby SheerluckHolmes » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:20 pm

Hi, Jorvik here. Hoping to get my own dobbing thread started soon. I'm a novice at this particular discipline so am starting slowly.

I wrote a little bit about my background. Nice to meet you all ...

I’m an enthusiastic amateur horse racing fan who has grown increasingly fond of the sport over the years.

I was born within a stones throw of the Knavesmire, home of York racecourse – one of the country’s finest flat race courses. As a nipper, my dad, and sometimes my grandad would often take me for walks around the vast expanse of green grass and along the miles of seemingly never ending straight white rails.

Once or twice, our walks would coincide with a race day and we would stand near to the old Tyburn – the site of the gallows where Dick Turpin and hundreds of others met their demise at the end of the hangman’s rope – and watch the exhilarating scene of horses and their jockey’s breaking from the stalls, at what I now know to be the 1m6f start.

Despite this early introduction to the world of horse racing, all though my school and college life I never really had more than a passing interest in the sport, and would generally only really pay anything resembling attention on Grand National day, and perhaps when the Epsom Derby got a few column inches or segments on the news.

Infact, I left it until the last year of my teens until I struck my very first bet on the horses. I can remember it vividly. It was in a Ladbrokes shop on Percy Street in Newcastle-upon-Tyne where I was at University. One October afternoon, a friend and I had a bit of time to kill before meeting some friends for some beers to celebrate my 19th birthday, so on our way to the pub, we went into the bookies.

I can’t remember the actual reasons why we went into the shop that day, it wasn’t raining, and my friend certainly wasn’t a gambler. I also can’t remember why we decided to both have £5 on Red Guard in the 3.50 at Fontwell, but we did, and Red Guard, trained by Josh Gifford and ridden by Philip Hide …. won by a length at 7/2.

The die was cast.

Red Guard had piqued my interest and as the months and years passed, I started to, slowly but surely, get more and more interested in horse racing, finding myself buying the Racing Post, attending race meetings, reading around the subject and trying to select horses based on more than just nice silks and good names.

It’s been a decade and a half or so since Red Guard did the business at Fontwell and I’m still trying to select horses based on more than just nice silks and good names, but as the saying goes;

“Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.”

winnergram

Postby winnergram » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:38 pm

good old patternform. very interested to see how others use it. i have a 99% hit rate.....of using it incorrectly haha.

FFD1966

Postby FFD1966 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:53 am

Hi, I am Dave from Bolton. I am terribly unlucky but I like betting on horses anyway, and bet very low stakes so it don't hurt too much. I usually bet on the horse that falls at the last fence or the one which gets all worked up before the race and does nothing, or the one which forgets to come out of the stalls, or the one which has flu. So don't back any horse I tip on here. :idea:

winnergram

Postby winnergram » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:30 pm

Haha, just need a few more like you and I have a shortlist then!

KingKauto

Postby KingKauto » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:01 am

Morning all I'm Terry and I just love Patternform because it makes the form reading so much easier. Just to let you all know despite Terry being spelt with a Y, I am a woman. I did not choose my name or the way it was spelt. I just wanted to point that out as I find most people assume I must be a man.
I love punting on horses and have been having some success with a couple of methods. I'm hoping It continues, but with Patternform to help that should carry on.

Terry aka King Kauto

Return to “Sign In”