Welcome

Please Say Hello
majic55

Re: Welcome

Postby majic55 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:34 am

Hi,
Horses and footie, I know a lot about footie but not so much about horses. I've recently realised that i'm gradually moving away from gambling and more into trading.
At the moment my fav trading market is the u/o 1.5 goals and I am learning to be patient.

Cheers Dave

martinkil

Postby martinkil » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:49 am

Hi Dave - I'm afraid there aren't any cards for Football on Patternform but feel free to discuss football in the "Football focus" sub-forum

antnaylor

Postby antnaylor » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:25 pm

Just thought I'd say hello Martin and anyone else!

I've used patternform for a while, when I get time but I'm looking to use it more now I've managed to reduce the days I have to work.

Incredible tool you've created!

celticshoots

Postby celticshoots » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:10 pm

Hello everyone

I hope I am not the only lass on here. If there are others on here please shout out and let me know!

I figured out dobbing on my own a few years back - I didn't realise at the time that there was a term for what I was doing, I found patternform some time last year through a comment on some racing forum. Had a look, didn't really understand what it was all about and sort of walked away.

Then in the last week or two I have been inundated by e-mails about Dobbing Secrets - you will have been too if you are a subscriber to any racing newsletter. I felt "annoyed" is well not the right word - maybe irritated is more like it - by the claims that it is the first ever ebook about dobbing. It is not, as Lucy Collins of laybackandgetrich produced an ebook on this last year which I purchased and chuckled out loud when I downloaded and read it. I contacted Lucy at the time to say I was doing the same as her - just using a few different resources. And yes I had a lovely reply from her.

So this Dobbing Secrets is to me not anything new. Don't get me wrong I have no issues with the author of Dobbing Secrets. I am on his e-mail list and find him to be more honest and upfront than most. But no I have not purchased Dobbing Secrets because there is something which jars on this occasion and well he has not been straight - most everybody knew about Lucy's ebook and I don't for a minute believe that he didn't know either.

This incident led me back to patternform and I am sure that there is more information on this site now than could be found in any ebook. I'll probably buy Dobbing Secrets eventually just out of curiosity. Anyway, there are some very helpful threads on this site which will contribute more to my knowledge. than any ebook I think and I will make my comments on same later.

My contribution to the site - using just the very simple dobbing stats has anybody tried using 20/80 betting? By that I mean 20% stake to win 80% stake to place (for example £10 stake - £2 to win £8 to place). I do this but I won't elaborate any further until I build on it. I have some filters as to the races I bet on, some obvious some not.

Martin thank you for the site and forum. Set up a tip jar through Paypal and I'll happily drop a few quid in each month.

Ellen C

martinkil

Postby martinkil » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:53 pm

Welcome Ellen, and no you’re not the only lass on Patternform there is at least one more – Terry with a “y” - aka King Kauto.

The term DOB is one that I started using back in 2008 in the then Patterform forum – initially it was DOM Double Our Money, but didn’t flow off the tongue and I soon started using the much catchier DOB - Double Or Bust.

Now in the strictest sense the term DOB is specifically for the trade which doubles your stake (or Bust) rather that for any two back and lay trades on the same horse, which many people seem to misuse it for. But hey I’m not in charge of the English language……..

This is the third Patterform forum, I lost the last one with my last hosting company when the server went belly up and the promised backups didn’t materialise, and before that there was a “forumup” version, but adverts and virus’s meant I stopped using it .

We did discuss 20/80 betting there but that is lost, so feel free to open another thread about it so we can discuss it again.

I do have a little Paypal pot, but I usually only give it out when asked … it seems a bit like begging otherwise. But since you’ve asked I’ll create a separate thread with the details.

bcook

Postby bcook » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:58 pm

Hello Everyone.

I am new to horse racing as everyone at work was doing it I thought it would be a good idea to learn a little about it and Patternform keeps coming up in all the UK write ups.

I am hoping to help out anyone in future if I get any better at horse race betting. I seem to have beginners luck at the moment though if the roulette tables are anything to go by then that will soon dry up. :lol:

damon2290

Postby damon2290 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:48 pm

Hi all,
Thanks for accepting my request to join so quickly administrator,I was expecting it to be tomorrow before I could get on here to be honest! I'm a huge racing fan and was told about this site by a friend, he swears by it and hopefully it will help me become more precise when picking my horses!
Thanks again
Damon

martinkil

Postby martinkil » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:33 am

Welcome Damon.

It's nice that you were prepared to be patient - I've had users emailing me within an hour of registering wondering when they're going to be activated. UK based user I usually activate immediately, but I'm wary of requests from USA, Ukraine, Russia and China, since these often lead to a spamming burst (shortly lived).

Please remember I'm the only person running this site so do be patient.

ozzypete

Postby ozzypete » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:48 pm

Hi Martin - great looking site. Just looked through the Newbie Guide & looking forward to digging deeper. Best wishes to all.

themadcockney

Postby themadcockney » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:08 pm

Hi all,

Recent addition to the Patternform stables.

Have recently watched some youtube videos, giving some good intro background into patternform. As everyone has said, an excellent resource and a must have to my armoury for betting purposes.

Have previously been a subscriber to Smartsig Confidential when Stefan was the editor. I still enjoy methods and researching stuff and forming my own opinion...etc...

My recent foray into betting is geared around dutching 3+ in a race, so with use of patternform, I can shortlist and eliminate selections at the same time...could be fun.

Will read through the forum and try and contribute when possible.

Kind
Regards

Nick

Return to “Sign In”