Off horse Topic

Any general discussion an go here
faultknox

Off horse Topic

Postby faultknox » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:09 pm

Can any one send me invite to scibet Please ;) ;) ;) ;)

shakeshuck

Re: Off horse Topic

Postby shakeshuck » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:21 pm

That's not one I have come across before.

What does this particular site give you that you can't get from, say, soccerstats.com?

shakeshuck

Postby shakeshuck » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:13 pm

OK, now I've had a closer look I see it is prediction-based. They say they looked at other prediction sites and weren't impressed - I can only concur - so they came up with their own algorithms.
It isn't obvious from the site what extra you get by signing in?

On the same topic, I spent some time collecting predictions from about ten predictions sites (correct score), and tried to cross-correlate them to see if I could find any patterns that might increase accuracy. In the end I think I decided I would need a lot more data than I had available for it to be statistically accurate. The one (probably obvious) stat I did find is that the more sites that predict the same outcome, the more likely it is to happen :roll: (even though when you bet on it, it won't come in :( ).

shakeshuck

Postby shakeshuck » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:13 am

My apologies for hijacking this thread, but this might be useful to somebody...

One thing that did work for me (up to a point, see below) using this multi-prediction analysis was laying correct scores where the cross-correlation suggested the chance of a score was much less than the odds given. I started with a very small bank and compounded wins until I could remove my initial risk, then built from there.
I did rather well for most of a season until in the last few games of the year I hit a losing streak of three consecutive games where I was laying @ 10/1. This unfortunately (even with careful bank control) wiped out my winnings for the whole season. I didn't lose any money over all, but I didn't gain any either.
Considering the effort required to collect *lots* of predictions from the ten sites over the season I was extremely disheartened and didn't continue the process the next year. Had I not been that unlucky (with of course a 1000/1 chance of it happening) I'm sure I would still be doing it...

faultknox

Postby faultknox » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:52 pm

Thanks For reply ;) still working on good football strat lol

Return to “Down The Pub”