Dynamic formbet and patternform cards

What you would like to see added to Patternform
kev147

Dynamic formbet and patternform cards

Postby kev147 » Thu May 12, 2016 7:35 am

Hi Martin, first things first I would like to congratulate you on a great website.

I have had two thoughts that I wonder if you could consider implementing.

The first is, I don't really understand how the RanTo figure is calculated after it has been adjusted for today's weights. I think it could be useful to understand what the RAW RanTo figure was. This should then allow us to get a gauge on the quality of race that the house previously run in.

The 2nd idea I have had is that I think it would be useful to build up your own formbet and patternform cards, by searching the each individual horse and adding them to a custom layout. I think this would be excellent for ante post betting and probably ties into the 1st point as well as the runners weight on race day might not yet be known.

martinkil

Re: Dynamic formbet and patternform cards

Postby martinkil » Fri May 13, 2016 9:05 am

Kevin.

I really can't see the use of a Ranto which is not adjusted for weight - it would imply that the handicapping system is wrong.

I don't understand what you mean by: "build up your own formbet and patternform cards" - I do build them.

The Formbet are just a summary of some information from the patternform cards for users who don't have the time to use the full patternform cards.

It may well be that the Formbet cards could have more summary stats associated with it - trainer/Jockey stats etc, and I have been working on and off on those sort of upgrades

kev147

Re: Dynamic formbet and patternform cards

Postby kev147 » Sat May 14, 2016 11:14 pm

Hi Martin, I wasn't in anyway suggesting that the rating system is wrong by suggesting a RanTo figure without the weight adjusted, I guess I just want to know how a horse's raw figure is adjusted for a particular race.

The suggestion about being able to build your own formbet cards was purely for ante post betting. I'm wondering if we could search the horse database and add to custom formbet.

I have also just wondered if there is a way to assign a performance tend indicator to each horse? Eg, regressive vs progressive vs ran with plenty of promise of scope for improvement

Return to “Wish List”