viewing older race cards

What you would like to see added to Patternform
gpnt

viewing older race cards

Postby gpnt » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Ability to view older race cards,ideally with links page,mainly to be able to view the pace section

martinkil

Re: viewing older race cards

Postby martinkil » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:14 pm

voodoo

Postby voodoo » Tue May 16, 2017 10:10 am

Hi Martin I just want to give this thread a bump.

Ref - viewing older race cards

One area that imo would improve your site is the use of comparing past races looking out for patterns.

For example for festivals such as Royal Ascot where the races stretch back years it's very easy to pick out
patterns.
eg - the Buckingham Palace Stakes hc which sadly got binned had a regular pattern where the top two ranto's for class2 hc's for last 2 runs would throw up the winner.
I used this pattern to pick Louis the Pious at 33/1 and again for the Ayr Gold Cup which tends to follow certain patterns if you played with the filters to spot them.
In my experience when I used your archives the festivals and the big races were the most fruitful.
It is one area of your great site in which you could utilise this valuable resource more.

The Duke of York Sprint coming up soon throws up patterns when filtered. Over the years i've backed the odd winner or two using your great site. Tiddliwinks by far is the best priced i've had in this race which goes to show how long i've been using this great site.
Time to give something back me thinks ;)
If anyone reading this has never gone through the archives to compare races over the years then I assure you're missing out on a great resource (not only on for looking for patterns/trends etc but for learning how to break races down to look for angles the market may have missed/overlooked)

many thanks to Martin for this excellent resource which is free people!!!!

martinkil

Postby martinkil » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:30 am

I've toyed with producing a 10 years stats report for big handicaps. Maybe I'll put that on the wish list

martinkil

Postby martinkil » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:33 am

back to the top

martinkil

Postby martinkil » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:08 am

again

martinkil

Postby martinkil » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:09 pm

end again