Turf flat Only

Let us know how you use Patterform to help newcomers
martinkil

Turf flat Only

Postby martinkil » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:10 am

Old Post

Could you tell me Martin if there is a quick way to set things up so that your speed figures for a Flat(Turf) race will only take into account Turf speed figures and not AW as well

I can see that it is a simple filter exercise if I want only AW speed figures for an AW race but it does not seem so simple in respect of Flat(Turf) only speed figures.

Thanks,

mezzo

Martinkil
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:07 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Select all the goings from Hvy to Hrd
- i.e. (Select Hvy, keep the mouse key depressed and drag down to Hrd)
- select flat from the NH/Flat filter

Should be all flat turf races

mezzo2

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:36 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks Martin.

mezzo

mezzo2

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:51 am Post subject:

Well that did not take long to find a winner using Martins help on the Code Specific issue.

2.20 Catterick today (26th Otober 2010)
Filters
24 months
Flat(turf) as per Martins instructions - Heavy to Hard and Flat)

Sort by Win value then

Rank the top three by best speed figure last three runs(foundi in formline - all on same screen)

top three(Win values) for the 2.20 Catterick and best speed figure last three runs

1. 69 Icelandic Won 11-2
2 61 Glenridding 14-2 second
3. 60 Everymanforhimself u/p

Many thanks again Martin.

What we have above is best wins in last 24 months and of these, the horses performing best in their last three runs.

mezzo

mezzo2

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:25 am Post subject:

And a slight variation on the method described above gave a 20-1 top rated winner yesterday. Kempton 6.10

Filters
all AW surfaces
Flat
24 months

14 runners

Winner was Devil You Know at 20-1 and was top rated by the aboe filters.

It also was top rated on the doubling of the win % added to the Place % using the above filters and ranking the top three. It was also top on Speed of these.

Devil you Know is a 4yo so I have no qualms about using 24 months particular since the win and place strike rates(33% each were so high.

Well done Martin with your speed figures.

mezzo

mezzo2

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:30 am Post subject:

forgot to mention the sort was Winval and Devil You Know was also top rated here.

mezzo

Return to “How To Use Patternform”