Winning with Patternform, a logical approach

Let us know how you use Patterform to help newcomers
martinkil

Re: Winning with Patternform, a logical approach

Postby martinkil » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:50 am

Not really since it's rating is very dependant on the class of the races it runs in and hence the rating of the opposition.
You could look at it in relation to it's best previous ratings to see how close to it's previous "best" it's run to.
An alternative approach is to look at it's Moneyform rating on the Moneyform card. The lower it goes here is a reflection on how InPlay punters thought it ran (could still finish unplaced, but if it's inplay price went below 25% of it's BFsp - it means at some point it looked threatening).

http://patternform.co.uk/howto_moneyform.htm

themadcockney

Re: Winning with Patternform, a logical approach

Postby themadcockney » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:20 am

Hi Martin,

Thanks for info and the article gives me/everyone a good starting point.

At the moment, I'm watching/re-watching some of the youtube videos by Martin Cooper. From now until Apri 2016, I have time constraints, but will have more time from then to put into practice.

As with most things I do, I look for short cuts to save time. However, to make this work, I need to give it the time it deserves.

My preferred types of betting is back-dutching with insurance. So any filters used will be to eliminate the unlikely winners and then shortlist the likely winners. Finding the right types of races too is a pre-requisite.

Thanks once again.

Return to “How To Use Patternform”