Going Inaccuracies Other Stuff

dodgydog2003

Going Inaccuracies Other Stuff

Postby dodgydog2003 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:01 am

Hi martin,
With the huge issue of inaccurate going assessments and certain watering policies on certain tracks and going changes in mid race on a daily basis like at Newcastle last Tuesday and the farce that was Sandown last Friday would it not be wise to ascertain the going descriptions from time based results. The Racing Post is totally inaccurate re going reports and cant be bothered even to change things on there results pages. A look at time based and official going reports tells this sad story every other day. Timeform on the other hand are very accurate with their going assessments. I'm not sure if your using the RPost to draw data from but i presume you are. Their in running comments have also become very unprofessional. When I use Patternform I don't use the going filter which I dont trust. I refer to TForm which can draw things out. Can u confirm if Patternform is using RPost ground descriptions, if yes are they time based or official.
Another small addition to site would be to clearly label tracks as Left Handed or Right Handed in Track Config sheet and now that race distances are to 0.50 in Rpost(20.5f) could this be added. Tform go to 0.10(8.1F). I also believe there is too much going on with Surface filter and it might be worth thinking about keeping the uphill and downhill side of things to the finish or run-in only. This would need another filter box of course but the filter itself is already in the Configuration box. Track surfaces need only be Flat, Undulating, Severely Undulating, it totally confuses me at the moment. What does undulating mainly uphill mean. Undulating the word means to display a smooth rising and falling which is all I need to know.
These are just suggestions Martin and I know in the past you are very open to improving the site as you did when I suggested the Pace V2 figures which you implemented and are a gift. Keep up the great work and thanks again for keeping this site free. The info on here is priceless and the new price movement graphs are great addition.
Barry

dodgydog2003

Re: Going Inaccuracies Other Stuff

Postby dodgydog2003 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:59 pm

Hi Martin,
Just a simple example from todays racing at Redcar. Bow And Arrow in the 3.25 if filtered through the 8f or 1 mile box comes up as 21 when in fact the horse has never won over 8f but over 7.5f, this is vital stuff in my opinion. also the Racing Posts going descriptions for this same horses last 5 runs are GF STANDARD STANDARD STANDARD GF. TIMEFORM is GF STANDARD/FAST STANDARD STANDARD GOOD. I take Tform info more seriously as its in their business to be accurate as possible. They highlighted wrong distances at Wetherby and Lingfield recently which says enough.
Another horse in this race O'Meara's SHAHDAROBA has had 30 odd runs. I think it would be great to know if theses runs from 5f to 9.5f were run over straight distances, one bend or two bend. I go to the trouble of doing all this as the difference between a straight mile and one with one bend+ is massive.. SHAHDAROBA has won twice on straight 6f and placed 2nd over straight 8f, he has also won around a bend at Nottingham over 8.5f which in Patternform is 8f.. I have all flat courses in UK with straight 5 6 7 8f, those with 1 bend and those with 2 bends up to 1m. There is no point in me looking to see if SHAHDAROBA goes well left handed or right handed when he has run 16 times over a straight distance. ok he won LH at Nott but that is of little concern today at Redcar, means zero in fact. If I could filter straight 7f etc this would be great info and would again add to site. Thanks again
Barry

longshot59

Postby longshot59 » Fri May 01, 2015 8:42 pm

It appears to me that the Racing Post website is being increasingly "highjacked" by the Bookmakers. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions about going inaccuracies, poor comments etc. A case of the fox in charge of the henhouse perhaps?

dodgydog2003

Postby dodgydog2003 » Sat May 02, 2015 1:27 pm

Hi Ls,
Rpost has become a bit of a laughing stock with mistakes and inaccuracies.. anyone drawing data from it will be misinformed. I guess Martin cant see this thread hidden away amongst racecourses.
another nice filter in Patterform would be wins, places and unplaced etc. easier to find patterns within horses form.
Accurate info is the key to success...
I see MUTATIS MUTANDIS in the 215 Goodwood coming up with a chase run in Patterform filter. I saw chase come up and wondered what filly in a Listed race for 4yo+ had a chase run. of course none did ...happens i guess.. :lol:
dd

dodgydog2003

Postby dodgydog2003 » Sat May 02, 2015 1:28 pm

it was a 10f chase by the way :lol:

martinkil

Postby martinkil » Sat May 02, 2015 4:04 pm

Without looking it's probably a race with "Chase" in the title - they do happen and when It's pointed out I can corrects it with a little "extra code".

I'll reply to your main points offline within an email

dodgydog2003

Postby dodgydog2003 » Sat May 02, 2015 7:56 pm

Sound Martin:-)

dodgydog2003

Postby dodgydog2003 » Sat May 02, 2015 8:03 pm

ur spot on Martin
Doncaster 25th April.. Talent Chaser appears in title of that race...nice one.:-)

Return to “Racecourses”