Uttoxeter

martinkil

Uttoxeter

Postby martinkil » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:14 pm

Someone has emailed me complaining that I have Uttoxeter as galloping where Timeform for instance has it as sharp. I couldn't call it sharp, even if other do. There are plenty of sections where a horse can get a good gallop going, and even some of the bends have a sweeping nature. The dog leg section down the back straight doesn't knock a horse off it's stride. Now there is a bit of a hill at the end of the back straight so my the "surface as flat" may have to change

I did say that I would l put a note into the forum to see if there is a consensus on how the course should be assessed.

So what do people think

bootsnspurs2017

Re: Uttoxeter

Postby bootsnspurs2017 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:08 am

A good way to discuss would be to compare performances of horses at Uttoxeter and at other galloping tracks, say Ayr, Doncaster, maybe.

I may use that fancy query tool today to have a look.

Melvin

Postby Melvin » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:12 am

If you take horses that perform at uttoxeter which is a galloping course they perform well aintree also galloping this works well when transferring horses that raced at Midlands national meeting and follow any horse to race at aintree festival you will get double priced w/p horses so for me galloping is correct : :ugeek:

Trevss

Postby Trevss » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:24 pm

I know who I follow! It’s not timeform. Statistical analysis speaks volumes

Msalway2016

Postby Msalway2016 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:02 pm

isn't sharp the turns? galloping would be the ground. I don't know whether you can refer to ground as "sharp" ?

mikesonoffjohn

Postby mikesonoffjohn » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:53 am

Uttoxeter is often governed by the weather with soft / heavy often an issue during the main season , Its very rare to see race where pace isnt present would have the course as galloping slightly undulating in parts with long back straight and 3 hurdle run in the home straight giving plenty of opportunity for front running performances and galloping types , most races ive watched has winner from front to midfield (track leader) seat

jock123

Postby jock123 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:50 am

I look for a horse that is suited by the conditions of the race its in against its fellow runners. So for me the course has little impact its the form,going,distance, class, speed, trainer stats, pace, draw, jockey stats and sire stats (to name but a few) of the runners in the race to find the best one suited to win. My way of thinking is if you have a horse that has the best stats for each individual race the winners will come no matter where it runs.

Return to “Racecourses”