Last minute sprinters

Pace related selections or just thoughts
shakeshuck

Last minute sprinters

Postby shakeshuck » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:17 pm

Just to throw an idea into the air, do we have any data on horses that appear to pick up in the last moments of the race? It probably isn't all down to the horse of course (sounds like Mr Ed) but perhaps jockey's orders, but I'm often surprised that a race can seem evenly paced until the last 1/2 furlong or so when a magical button gets pressed and one horse takes off at twice the speed of the others (and not always the favourite).

My second question would then be: Do you think this information is relevant, and how could it be used to our advantage? It would be helpful for traders, but I would have thought you would need as near to a real-time TV to make the most of it. Either that or nn seconds before the expected race finish you might get a sudden price drop on that horse?

:?: :?: :?:

Earlybird

Re: Last minute sprinters

Postby Earlybird » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:15 pm

i really think it's impossible to determine with current situation in British racing anything about fast closer's i know the Americans have been calculating this type of thing for years and in ( i may be wrong ) but i think the Bayer ratings are built on such thing but then the Yanks have spot on times and sectional timings which would be crucial,,, However over here in the UK, in regards to racing we are fairly rubbish, and under the current system of timing we have no chance.. we have only just got the idea of recording and publishing the correct distances. and even now the distances are ot measured in metric.. but we would need sectionals

mici

Postby mici » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:11 pm

shakeshuck wrote:Just to throw an idea into the air, do we have any data on horses that appear to pick up in the last moments of the race? It probably isn't all down to the horse of course (sounds like Mr Ed) but perhaps jockey's orders, but I'm often surprised that a race can seem evenly paced until the last 1/2 furlong or so when a magical button gets pressed and one horse takes off at twice the speed of the others (and not always the favourite).

My second question would then be: Do you think this information is relevant, and how could it be used to our advantage? It would be helpful for traders, but I would have thought you would need as near to a real-time TV to make the most of it. Either that or nn seconds before the expected race finish you might get a sudden price drop on that horse?

:?: :?: :?:

Can you give me your mail.
Thanks.

shakeshuck

Postby shakeshuck » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:27 pm

Sorry mici, I missed this post.

Do you still have a query?

martinkil

Postby martinkil » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:18 pm

shakeshuck wrote:Sorry mici, I missed this post.

Do you still have a query?

My fault - I should have learned how to moderate this board sooner ( I had to add myself to the "moderator group" - then all these new options appeared!!)

Return to “Pace Focus”