Old Post - Ocean Transit

Note on any runner for future reference
martinkil

Old Post - Ocean Transit

Postby martinkil » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:19 am

nhughz

Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:59 am Post subject: Ocean Transit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I might be crazy for following this filly but she really caught my eye on her first run of the year. Of the bit a long way from home but kept finding more for her rider. The time wasn't fantastic but she looks to be crying out for a mile plus and i think there is a race for her somewhere...

nhughz

Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:24 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ran a sound enough race today at Leic over a trip too short. He was winning over 6f as a 2yo and needs at least 7f but he wasn't unsupported in the markets surprisingly...

nhughz

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:29 pm Post subject:

Out of his depth today at Sandown in what looked a hot class 3 handicap but perhaps a clever bit of race planning as he looks certain to be eligible for 0-75 races from now on.....

nhughz

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:27 pm Post subject:

Well i guess i wasn't so crazy after all...

Having run over 6f (wrong trip) and in a strong 0-90 (out of her depth) LTO, her trainer found a weak 0-85 and James Doyle forced the pace and held them all at bay. Just like when she caught my eye on her first run of the year, she just kept finding more for pressure. She was well supported in the live market from 25/1-16/1 and traded from 46.0 to 17.0 on betfair.

I've had it right off tonight

Job Done

Last edited by nhughz on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Martinkil
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:33 pm Post subject:

Nice price.
Superb note book entries Nathan

barney21

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:15 am Post subject:

Exceptional spotting Nhughz. good luck for Ascot

nhughz

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:12 am Post subject:

Thanks guys.

Unfortunately i've got three notebook entries in the same race today

Stevie Gee might try and make all today, dropped back to 6f and Atlantic Beach turns out in a first time visor. If Stevie Gee does try and force the pace, they might bring John Keats into the race late on. He ran much better on his second run of the year last season and is the value today. This looks a weak 0-85 race and all three are entitled to go well. I'll try and scalp the lot but will concentrate on Stevie Gee and John Keats because Atlantic Beach is a false price; he has had his chances and should not be favourite here today.....

nhughz

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:48 am Post subject:

Hope you boys picked up the early move for John Keats, some 10/1 around (including Hills) and 11/1 in a place (Stan James) if you were as quick as me.....

Martinkil
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:06 am Post subject:

Didn't he win this race last year when it was confusingly called Ladies Day Handicap(4) 6f - Today the Ladies Day Handicap is class 6 over 5f!!
Won it off a rating of 68 (71 today).
Has a great dobbing record on GF or faster

nhughz

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:19 am Post subject:

He did win this race last year from a mark of 68 Martin, you are correct. He also won at Doncaster during this month last year off a mark of 72.

Martinkil
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:08 am Post subject:

Once Steve Gee hit form last year he held it for a while. Could well join my dobbing list

nhughz

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:04 am Post subject:

Stevie Gee ran well LTO in a hot race Martin. He's on the slide this morning, probably due to this being run over 6f but if he tries to force the pace he could trade well IR.....

nhughz

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:45 am Post subject:

Ocean Transit ran another game race on Friday to finish 2nd but only traded down to 5.0 IR in doing so...

Perhaps the 6lb rise is enough to hold her, she drifted from 13/2-10/1 and much bigger on Betfair.

nhughz

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:00 am Post subject:

This mare runs today in the maiden hurdle at Taunton...

Interesting

nhughz

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:11 am Post subject:

Hello...favourite fell at the last leaving us 10 lengths clear

Green at 1.01

nhughz

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:52 am Post subject:

Followed up today in a mares only handicap hurdle, supported from 5.6 down to 4.9, knowing this mare so well and the fact she keeps finding more off the bridle i picked up a nice bonus IR at 30

Trading out for Green at 3.0, 1.1 and 1.01

nhughz

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:46 am Post subject:

Well worth scalping today on fibresand, which could be an ideal surface for this mare...

Scalped well from 6.0 to 4.4, allowing a small pre-race Green. She struggled with the early pace and would likely need further on this deep surface

nhughz

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:38 pm Post subject:

This mare goes in again today at 24 BFSP. One of the toughest mares in training, she reminds me of my first venture into NH ownership (Supreme Lass); only difference being Ocean Transit has ability

8 wins from 42 runs (19%) for a profit of £52.88 at £1 LS and a place strike rate of over 40%

How come i never owned horses like this mare??

nhughz

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:12 am Post subject:

Followed up the above win 17 days later from a 6lb higher rating over hurdles. Entered at Windsor on Monday so a flat turf campaign looks likely. She is on a stiff enough OR of 77 and ideally i'd like to see her get that rating down during May/June and then take a summer break and reappear in Sept/Oct when the ground should be more suitable. Followed similar pattern last year and won on her reappearance in October.

nhughz

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:08 am Post subject:

Returns today on heavy ground at Haydock. Still OR 77 but looks overpriced at 14/1+...

Return to “Notebook”