Old Post - John Keats

Note on any runner for future reference
martinkil

Old Post - John Keats

Postby martinkil » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:49 am

nhughz

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:43 pm Post subject: John Keats

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well i made the journey today to check this boy out on course and he's strengthend up further and come to hand nicely. He looked nothing short of magnificent. Big Jim's string are in fine fettle and John Keats won this in the manner of a horse still on the up, making this financially a very rewarding journey. Ever the shrewdie Jim's got him entered up again on saturday at Ayr over 6f and hopefully he'll be able to hear his hooves rattle again on a quick surface and go close to following up.

Martinkil
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:16 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one saved me today Nathan - I managed 10.0 IR when it began it's move

nhughz

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:25 am Post subject:

He's a great type Martin and made myself some serious money last season as you know. I reckon he might have at least another 10-12lb in him this season, as a 5yo he's likely reaching his peak and he's definately with the right man in Big Jim Goldie.....

Martinkil
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:49 am Post subject:

Lets hope the rain stays away from Ayr this afternoon

nhughz

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:39 am Post subject:

I've been away in Wales at a wedding so missed him run. I'm led to believe the pace suited those infront but i'd be interested to know how he traded IR?

Martinkil
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:12 am Post subject:

I won't have the numbers until next week but he didn't trade too low since I lost on the race. It had started to rain late in the afternoon but i wouldn't have though any rain would have made it into the ground.

nhughz

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:15 pm Post subject:

Well worth the trip once again tonight this time to Doncaster

Hope you were on again Martin and i'd love to know what price he traded IR? He's entered on 3rd July at Haydock and it will be interesting to see how the handicapper reacts but his style means he's difficult to assess and the rate he's improving a big sprint could come his way this term.........

Martinkil
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:30 pm Post subject:

I missed him running!!

Watching the replay I don't think he would have traded too high since he was going quite well in behind at halfway.

Martinkil
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:41 am Post subject:

Races at Newmarket today on official good ground.
But they've been posting some fast times and it could well be GF

nhughz

Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:05 pm Post subject:

This fellow had his first run of the season today and big Jim shrewdly sent him to Haydock for a blow out on heavy ground. It might just have been enough to see him drop back to a winning mark.....

Martinkil
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:12 am Post subject:

Thirsk 16Jun09
I'm a little worried this fellow need fast going. The pundits on racingUK say the ground is goood with no jar although the official going is GF.
Lets wait for the times
Times indicate it's on the fast side and with the sun drying it out all day it should be nice and fast by racetime

nhughz

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:43 pm Post subject:

Ran a sound enough race today and traded down to 2.0 IR. Funny enough, he finished 3rd on his second start last year and then went on to win and follow up two runs later...

Martinkil
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:48 pm Post subject:

He finished off the race more towards the centre of the course on what was percieved to be the slower ground. Eddie 'The Shoe' Fremantle on RacingUK had him marked down as a future winner waiting to happen (given a strong pace).

nhughz

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:17 am Post subject:

He may well follow up next time Martin, given his conditions of course, but at a likely poor price. His old connections probably would have thrown a quiet one in first but he now runs for a racing club. Sub 2.0 would have been a much nicer result for me today, having caught the market moves heavily both early morning and pre-race.

Fingers crossed...

nhughz

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:58 am Post subject:

Hope you picked up the move this morning Martin...??

Only a short trade for me, as we don't know how the ground will ride tonight. He needs to trade sub 2.0 for it to be a worthwhile result for me...

Ran a shocker

Martinkil
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:37 am Post subject:

The RP and Timeform/BF had the going as GF whereas ATR had the going as good.

Well today Haydock is Firm GF in placed (3.10) so he should be suited by the going. 5.8 currently with 7 non runners but the likely pace Bahamian Lad and Sea Rover are still there to give him a good tow.

nhughz

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:44 am Post subject:

This boy is handicapped to win and was perhaps unlucky in catching a tartar today...

paris

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:39 am Post subject:

Runs at Ayr today and only danger I can see is Glasshoughton. lack of pace maybe a concern too. Is today the day?

Martinkil
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:43 am Post subject:

Prefers to hear his hoofs rattle - The jock in the first thinks it's more good than GF - it would worry me taking under 7/2 if it is good especially since there is no breakneck pace.

Martinkil
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:14 am Post subject:

The time of the last race would indicate it's still GF - but there was carnage on the home bend (AYR) when two runners slipped independantly - so we've had showers on a fast surface.
I wonder what it feels like to the runners - maybe some won't like to stide out on a slippery surface.
Maybe best to leave the aye races alone.

Martinkil
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:07 am Post subject:

Back on fast going and class 5 today.
Might be his day and might be worth waiting until IR for a bigger price.
Traded down to sub 2.0 LTO

nhughz

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:04 am Post subject:

The handicapper must give him a break next season as a 7yo and he could bounce back to winning ways. Hopefully in typical 'Big' Jim Goldie style...

Return to “Notebook”