Canny Cool 1st hcp 25/4/2015

Note on any runner for future reference
Earlybird

Re: Canny Cool 2nd listed race

Postby Earlybird » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:22 am

NotebooK Horse

1.55 Canny Cool

I Did write up, after he was booted up to listed company at Haydock lto that i didn't think, as was my initial thought that- that he was given a bridge too far, he finished a respectable 4th after being headed near the finish, i can ignore his defeat at Hamilton quite happily as this is a severe uphill course and would never be in his remit, York in some ways is similar to Haydock Being a flat galloping track. he runs in a bigger field than of late with 14 runners, however i cannot see him being to worried about this as he did win a 14 runner Maiden last September at Beverley, Brian Ellison must have faith in his ability, as he could have easily have found him less tougher races and the inform Silvestre De Sousa, noticeably takes the ride which is a positive for me as he has a decent record at York a downside maybe the 102 mark which is unknown to him

Earlybird

Re: Canny Cool 1st hcp 25/4/2015

Postby Earlybird » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:32 pm

2.55 York

Listed Stakes £40000.00 3-y-o plus (Class 1) 5f. GOOD-FIRM 12 runners

Canny Kool 8st-10lbs 11/1

If the question is did he run a bad race “Then No” if it’s is he ready for listed company then “Not Yet” the race was faced paced in fact about 2 seconds faster than the average for this course and race type, and he looked to have every chance from 2 out very much giving the impression he knew his job, as i wrote earlier i knew he had a task ahead of him but i am very pleased with his sixth placed effort considering the race type and from 6th to 1st the spread was slightly less then 2 Lengths.. so either he will need an easier listed race or to come back in class a wee bit but i’m not going to boot him just yet
http://www.chroma.premiumtv.co.uk/streaming/watch/RacingUKFlashVOD/partnerId_166/videoFileId_14992744/clipId_2526101/index.html

Return to “Notebook”