Lincoln runner

Note on any runner for future reference
martinkil

Lincoln runner

Postby martinkil » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:29 am

I was looking through my admittedly sparse notebook runners and I came across one I added from the ATR Stable Tour of Jamie Osbourne:

http://www.attheraces.com/stable-tours/jamie-osborne

RAISING SAND
4 b g Oasis Dream - Balalaika
Winner of three of his 7 starts. Scored by three quarters of a length from Brigliadoro in a classified stakes at Ascot (1m) at the end of September. Currently rated 92.
"He is an interesting horse. I still think there is plenty of life in his mark. I would like to get him in the Balmoral at Ascot but he probably won't get in. He could well have one more run before he goes into the Winter because I think he's a horse that would have a chance of winning a Lincoln. He obviously isn't going to get in off 92 to we need to raise his mark to make sure he gets in so we need to win and it could be at Haydock on Friday."

He ran in the Haydock race and won ( 5/2 winner :) ) and went up to 94. Ran on the AW after but couldn't win there.
Anyway I've just noticed it's been backed in recent weeks for the Lincoln. A rating of 94 might not be enough, but presumably he'll be balloted out and we'll get our money back. Top priced 20/1 with most of the bookies.

Return to “Notebook”