the punters verdict

Discuss any scanned books or any books you've read on Horse Racing
Earlybird

the punters verdict

Postby Earlybird » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:10 pm

Not a book as such but a good-fun-serious blog/web called the Punters verdict, which looks into dodgy tipping services and poor bookmakers. well written articles, with an honest approach, i love it and i hope you enjoy it if you care to have a look

http://www.puntersverdict.co.uk/article ... -03-15.php

SteveV

Re: the punters verdict

Postby SteveV » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:26 am

I have been reading The Judge's articles for a few years and he's very entertaining, the only problem is with his reports of how his trial period with tipping services go. Sometimes he sticks it out for 3 months but mostly he bases his whole review on a thirty day trial period. That just isn't long enough to make a sound judgement. Most services go through extended bad patches and if you sign up at the wrong time you will believe that the tipsters are hopeless, when in fact they make a decent profit over the long term. He is very shrewd though about noticing when tipsters go on tilt and start tipping rank outsiders after a long dry spell, those are definitely to be avoided because that is such an unprofessional approach.

Earlybird

Re: the punters verdict

Postby Earlybird » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:18 pm

Fair points made there mate, but i gotta admit i only take it as a bit tongue in cheek, but it is a cracking entertaining read

Return to “Books”