Thursday

All things related to the season Cheltnham festival
martinkil

Thursday

Postby martinkil » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:25 pm

CHELTENHAM 12 Mar 15

I've had more time to pick out my losers today, although a little worryingly many of the market leaders are jumping off the page today.

1:30 - Ptit Zig 11-2
Similar rating to the Fav over hurdles has arguably the best form over fences with his defeat of Champagne West by 6l here and has that all important chasing experience over Cheltenham fences.

2:05 - Edeymi 9-1
Looks to have been laid out for this with a considerate run under a claimer last time, an A J Martin special

2:40 - Don Cossack - 5-1
Top class prospect and done nothing wrong this year and will take all the beating

3:20 - Zarkandar - 13-2
Has had this as it's target and been given the required rest for this having taken the French champion hurdle in November.

4:00 - Burn And Turn EW - 20-1 Lad first 5 place
Goes well fresh and is suited by fast going and a big field. Had condition in her favour last summer in the Galway Plate where she found only Road To Riches (now rated 167 10-1 for Gold Cup) too good. Ran up to this mark behind Sizing Europe and Road To Riches at Gowran in October. Solid EW prospect.

4:40 - The Ould Lad EW 14-1 Coral, Bet365 (first 5)
Progressive young chases who just about managed to squeeze into the weights. Good run here in December points to a good run likely today.

KamikazeCo-Pilot

Re: Thursday

Postby KamikazeCo-Pilot » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:54 pm

Must confess I thought Ptit Zig would do better Martin

martinkil

Re: Thursday

Postby martinkil » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:55 pm

The way it drifted was ominous ... but I'm having a really poor Cheltenham especially over the last two days.

But dust myself down ready for the last day (with slightly smaller stakes :) )

Return to “Cheltenham 2015”