Today's Racing Pointers

Any comments on today's racing. Please don't just put in selections ... please add some reason why you think a runner will win
racingdemon

Re: Today's Racing Pointers

Postby racingdemon » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:25 pm

twominutemonkey wrote:Gonna get on Potter's I think. Spirit Of The Vale looks worthwhile bet too in Newcastle 17.00...What do you think?

Everything seems to be in place for a good run as she is 2/2 at Newcastle and the apprentice with only 4 career rides that I see has won 2 races already and the 7lb with be valuable.

Looks certain to go well :)

As for Potters Story I'm taking a chance with the going as it might be too deep but then it could be for all of them !!

The reason it's in the form follow is because the selection and Aintree My Dream were disputing the final hurdle when the latter fell and that horse won next time out by 37 lengths in a 16 runner field.

racingdemon

Postby racingdemon » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:11 pm

Thursday 23rd March

Trainer/Jockey Combo
Wolverhampton 2.55 Dunquin (7/2) WON
(Jockey is 3/10 for trainer last 2 years and 1/2 on the selection)

Trend Horses
No Bets

Patternform Horses (Hcps/Class 1 races)
Under review (Should be back soon)

Long Shots (Double figures)
No Bets

Form Follow
Wolverhampton 4.30 Never Folding (13/2) LOST
(Finished 2nd lto, the 3rd has franked that form winning a similar maiden)

Five Star Form
No Bets

Strong Selections
No Bets
Last edited by racingdemon on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

twominutemonkey

Postby twominutemonkey » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:47 am

I question whether it is worthwhile betting on horses at this time in the season when form seems to be irrelevant and the fields are so small there a limited/no long odds worth chancing...Think i may wait for the flat season.

pipster

Postby pipster » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:41 am

twominutemonkey wrote:I question whether it is worthwhile betting on horses at this time in the season when form seems to be irrelevant and the fields are so small there a limited/no long odds worth chancing...Think i may wait for the flat season.

I think you will find that this is often the case throughout the year, it has raised the question in my mind...is that the reason why the Irish always kick our backsides at Cheltenham...their fields are generally far more competitive than ours.

racingdemon

Postby racingdemon » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:49 pm

It's always the same when we are about to switch codes from the jumps to the turf flat and vice versa in October/November time.

It's often worth noting the trainers who always start the season well as some take advantage of other horses not being fully wound up by getting their race fit at home.

I might put up a list next week or so of trainer who have proven to do this.

RD

twominutemonkey

Postby twominutemonkey » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:07 pm

racingdemon wrote:It's always the same when we are about to switch codes from the jumps to the turf flat and vice versa in October/November time.

It's often worth noting the trainers who always start the season well as some take advantage of other horses not being fully wound up by getting their race fit at home.

RD

Would be interesting, if I can remember the information for October!

I am good at kidding myself that I know something about horses, in all honesty I am ignorant of so much. I am keen to learn as it seems there can be some money made. This thread has been invaluable.

4.00 Wolv Lord Cooper. Looks decent price?

twominutemonkey

Postby twominutemonkey » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:19 pm

pipster wrote:
twominutemonkey wrote:I question whether it is worthwhile betting on horses at this time in the season when form seems to be irrelevant and the fields are so small there a limited/no long odds worth chancing...Think i may wait for the flat season.

I think you will find that this is often the case throughout the year, it has raised the question in my mind...is that the reason why the Irish always kick our backsides at Cheltenham...their fields are generally far more competitive than ours.

Interesting point about Irish horses at this time of year...
14.10 Irish winner
14.20 Irish winner
14.30 Irish winner
14.55 Irish winner
15.00 Irish winner
15.05 Irish winner

racingdemon

Postby racingdemon » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:01 pm

twominutemonkey wrote:
racingdemon wrote:It's always the same when we are about to switch codes from the jumps to the turf flat and vice versa in October/November time.

RD

Would be interesting, if I can remember the information for October!

I am good at kidding myself that I know something about horses, in all honesty I am ignorant of so much. I am keen to learn as it seems there can be some money made. This thread has been invaluable.

4.00 Wolv Lord Cooper. Looks decent price?

Sorry only just logged back on. Lord Cooper looks decent only worry stepping back up to class 5 but shouldn't stopping being there or thereabouts

racingdemon

Postby racingdemon » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:02 pm

Glad you find this thread valuable and another winner today at advised 7/2 with one left to run :)

twominutemonkey

Postby twominutemonkey » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:05 pm

racingdemon wrote:Glad you find this thread valuable and another winner today at advised 7/2 with one left to run :)

Don't think I'll be on anything today, just monitor with points. Too tight with my money at the moment!

Good luck!

Return to “Race Discussion”