Wed - Cheltenham - 2.10

Any comments on today's racing. Please don't just put in selections ... please add some reason why you think a runner will win
martinkil

Wed - Cheltenham - 2.10

Postby martinkil » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:11 pm

2:10 Chel - Presenting Percy – 3.7
There are two strands of form one Irish ( Monalee, Al Boum Photo, Dounikos) and one English (Black Corton, Elegant Escape, Ballyoptic) which would have made this a fascinating race to compare the english and Irish staying Novice form, but there a runner at the top of the market who looks to be a cut above both strands in the shape of Presenting Percy. I'm not a great fan of supporting favourites, but the case for this runner looks compelling. Progressive novice hurdler last season, bypassed the novice events and went and won the Pertemps Hurdle final at last years festival. He made a fine start to his chasing career, but was a bit disappointing on it's next start. Redeemed himself next time winning a grade B Hcap chase by an easy 11l. Switched back to hurdles beat a promising field, but it was it's last run when chasing home last years easy Irish national winner receiving 7lb. We know he act at the course and on testing going and we'll find out today if we have a viable challenger for next years gold cup.

Msalway2016

Re: Wed - Cheltenham - 2.10

Postby Msalway2016 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:19 pm

great call Martin. solid horse and a great jockey there

martinkil

Postby martinkil » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:24 pm

I don't often select short ones, but that last run against the Irish National winner was just so solid.

Msalway2016

Postby Msalway2016 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:30 pm

martinkil wrote:I don't often select short ones, but that last run against the Irish National winner was just so solid.

yeah, sometimes you just have to do it. 3.75 isn't that short either. always try and find the winner and back it, simple! don't make it hard for yourself

Return to “Race Discussion”