How to use PACE

Any comments on today's racing. Please don't just put in selections ... please add some reason why you think a runner will win
rezzer

How to use PACE

Postby rezzer » Wed May 09, 2018 4:23 pm

Hi

I wondered if i can get help regarding pace

I have been betting for a few years now and do have some level of success but not rich yet :lol: :lol: :lol:

Over the last couple of years I've been drawn into short handicap races under mile, people have different opinions on these type of races but my experience with horse racing has lead me down the path and I do have success that's why I've ended up at these types of races.

Now I think I can get more selective with my picks and through out some more bad choices using PACE and notch up my profits, however I understand about horse leading, the chasers the midfielders, back runners etc.

My problem is I don't know how to apply PACE to short races what kind of make up race do I need, what'a the best kind of horse (in regards to pace) that wins short races

Any help would be highly greatfull...

LoveWinners

Re: How to use PACE

Postby LoveWinners » Thu May 10, 2018 4:54 pm

hello Rezzer , i am surprised nobody has posted as of yet so i will chip in my thoughts.

Lone speed - This is where the big advantage is to be had as opposed to contested speed.

The considerations you will need are

Track Bias (good or bad for front runners?) this information is available in many free places

Draw (Good or bad?) Lots of energy can be wasted trying to overcome a bad draw.

Jockey - some jock's are better than others at controlling pace( as a possible angle into this look for those front runners who didn't lead and change the jockey to one who has done well with the horse from the front)

Fitness - is the his race fit? This is impossible to answer without an inside line but investigation should be made as to a horse profile if back after a break.

There are many angles to look into and no doubt it is a tiresome endeavour but one worthwhile if even improving your POI by 2% , All the best with your quest. :D

Return to “Race Discussion”