Happy Valley Challenge - Wed 13th May

It appears that some posters want to put selections up without any reasoning. This is the forum where they can be posted. "Selection only" post found elsewhere will be deleted
martinkil

Re: Happy Valley Challenge - Wed 13th May

Postby martinkil » Wed May 13, 2020 11:13 am

After the first
- Johna takes an early lead with the field bunched up behind him
After the second
- crispian joins johna for the lead on 4pt with the rest close up
After the third
- no change up front, with further bunching behind
After the fourth
- A non-runner has allowed jock123 to move into 1st with 12pt and David1734 to go from last into second with a double point return for their winner with three other bunched up behind on 9pt and 8pt.
After fifth race
- At the halfway point Johna forces his way back into the lead on 14pt, with jock123 on 12pt and David1734 on 11pt and three others on 9pts. With the last two winners has Johna found his stride?
After race six
- Johna has his third winner in a row and is now on 19pt, but nit to be outdone jock123 also had the winner and is still 2pt behind on 17pt with David1734 on 16pt. I've managed to squeeze into a distant 4th on 14pt, with two others on 11pt - three races to go
After race seven
- Four in a row for Johan, but two of the chasers also had the winner so he's on 24pt still 2pt clear of Jock123 and I've squeezed into 3rd on 19pt with David1734 still on 16pt. All the leaders have the fav Above in the next,
after race eight
- No one found the last winner and Johan will win today's contest, the only question is whether he will share the title with jock123. If happy warrior wins the last and delightful laos is NOT placed the they will share the contest.
After the last race.
- Johan wins in 28pt and I managed to squeeze into second with a sin and third in the last on 25pt with jock123 in third on 23pt

dwalsh44

Postby dwalsh44 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:57 am

Some very strange results so far. Everyone struggling

martinkil

Postby martinkil » Wed May 13, 2020 3:22 pm

Well done to Johan who won with 28pt and jock123 in third on 23pt.

PuzzledLook

Postby PuzzledLook » Wed May 13, 2020 3:39 pm

Martin can you please explain how a non runner can be awarded 5 points - you've given 10 points twice for a race when the most you could get if you got the 1st & 2nd would be 8 points. The only way you can award points (I did this 2/3 times when previously marking) is divide the total points collected by the 17 selections and multiply by 18.

PS Another superb performance by Johna - very well done.

martinkil

Postby martinkil » Wed May 13, 2020 4:58 pm

Lets face it any points system which ignores the SP must already be flawed, I had mentally assigned a 2 point stake to each race split equally between the two runners, when a single runner is selected both points are "on" the single runner. It was an arbitrary decision I made which made it easier to have a running total.

PuzzledLook

Postby PuzzledLook » Wed May 13, 2020 5:48 pm

Martin the challenge has got nothing to do with SP and your marking, quite truthfully, is completely wrong.

I shall not in future take part in any challenges as "your" competition rules (and remember it wasn't you who started these
challenges) do not make a level playing field.

Bow855

Postby Bow855 » Wed May 13, 2020 6:48 pm

It's just for fun calm down abit of light hearted entertainment, I havnt been taking part but have been enjoying the competition well done everyone. If there were issues with the marking then they should of been raised at the beginning, martin just had it to keep people occupied during this time for abit of interest

PuzzledLook

Postby PuzzledLook » Wed May 13, 2020 7:09 pm

If you had been following as you say then you will know the original marking was based on 1st = 5 points, 2nd = 3 points & 3rd = 1point

By the way Martin did not start it so please don't say he did.

If there was a Non Runner the average points were determined by the points accrued divided by the selections that run and then multiplied by the the number of total possible selections, ie 9 races = 18 selections but with 1 non runner total points scored = 34 points which is then divided by 17 and then multiplied by 18, scoring a total of 36 points - simple ain't it?

I shall be contacting the bookies in the morning to see whether they will pay me for a non runner at the winning odds - what do you think they would say?

It's when people are wrong (yes you Martin) and won't admit it that really p----- me off!!

Please now REMOVE me and all my posts as I have no further interest in being part of Patternform

Bow855

Postby Bow855 » Wed May 13, 2020 7:25 pm

I get what your saying but bit of an over reaction dont you think? I'm not saying Martin started it I dont know who did, but this was for fun not to cause upset I'm sure martin will look at the flaw and see what he can do to please everyone, good luck

martinkil

Postby martinkil » Thu May 14, 2020 11:38 am

Wow Puzzledlook, I'm really sorry to have upset you.
I'm not saying I was correct, just that was the way I calculated the totals.
From the rules you were using then yes I was doing it incorrectly, but please remember you wrote : -

Hi Martin,

You must have been posting at a similar time to me with the results.

If you check mine are right - you have made mistakes!

But in future I'll leave it to you and save my time.

So I felt obliged to continue posting the results.
But PuzzledLook please feel free to take back the administration of the contest then we can have the correct rules applied.

Return to “Selections Only”