Dobbing newbie

Using Historical In Running prices to predict runner who may DOB today
mlf1973

Dobbing newbie

Postby mlf1973 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:08 pm

Hi all. Absolutely loving this website. Use it as a trading tool and also love to flutter on the dobbing which is new to me. Having more dobs than losses so profitible!
Just asking the more senior guys how you approach the dobbing.
Lowest odds youll back pre race
Highest odds you'll entertain prerace
Highest stakes you use (my max has been £20 pre race)
I always pick out the 100% horses but not sure if thats the best way forward. Any advice would be appreciated

martinkil

Re: Dobbing newbie

Postby martinkil » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:23 pm

You're having more DOBS than Misses - we should be asking you how you do it!!

Hartleyl

Postby Hartleyl » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:56 pm

I also only started Dobbing on 4th September (my birthday). Like you I decided to use only the 100% dobbers and today I have tried to chose those with back odds of 2.5 - 7 that look like they have a chance of winning. My logic was that higher odds would be less likely to come down by half. The only ones I have won on are those where the horses have actually won the race and in all those cases they didn't get dobbed either which is weird as I chose them because they were 100% on the PF Charts. I've only had 10 bets so far but NONE of them have produced a profit by the horse not winning but being dobbed, which is what is supposed to happen isn't it?

martinkil

Postby martinkil » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:45 am

If a horse wins a race then it's dobbed (usually trades 1.01). But the moneyform cards are not only for dobbing.

If the ones you're picking are going on to win, then maybe dobbing them is not the best approach, but betting them to win.

The moneyform cards are a unique way to view the race - in that it give not a form guide (where they finished), but a punter view (how punter thought they would finish during the race) - i.e. the lower it traded the more punters thought it might win that race. To the best of my knowledge you can't get this anywhere else in such an easy to use format.

Return to “Dobbing For Fun”