Lay sellections

Discuss trading options for the afternoon/evening racing
should be focused (mainly) on the pre-race market
Trader47

Lay sellections

Postby Trader47 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:29 am

Hello everybody,

I am a short time member of Patternform and i am happy with it.
I have a question about lay selections in combination with Patternform.
Is it possible to select a horse when i use the cards?
If so please suggest how to do that.
I hope there come a replay on my question.
Sorry fore my bad englisch.

Kind Regards Trader47

martinkil

Re: Lay sellections

Postby martinkil » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:35 am

The problem I find with laying is that you can spent time accumulating profit by finding lots of losers for it all to be "blown away" (i.e. lost) when one of you bigger priced lays goes and wins. I'm sure there are many successful layers out there and hopefully one of them will come along with a few words of wisdom for you.
Last edited by martinkil on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trader47

Postby Trader47 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:04 am

Thx Martin fore your replay.

Earlybird

Postby Earlybird » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:52 pm

I have Known Many layers which have been and are successful, and if there is one point that they all agree on is, that it takes as much form study as to why a horse will lose as it does studying form as to why a horse can win

Steve

Postby Steve » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:13 am

My pearl of wisdom for you, as a full time trader / layer, is don't always look to lay at BSP. Look for horses that have a habit of trading lower in running and regularly get beaten, (coupled with form study, betting patterns, trainer form etc etc). I only ever lay at BSP when taking on a horse around the 2-1 mark or less, the others that start higher I either feed in a lay pre-race (and it either gets matched or it doesn't) or drip feed a few lays in running on the ladder using an API such as the Geeks Toy. Basically I am just laying on market overreactions to horses that may flatter to deceive. Of course it is not a perfect science and I lay plenty of winners, but the long term profitability seems to be there.

The other thing that is paramount, is to keep speadsheets / records of your laying / trading activities. I split mine into Flat, NH and AW, so I can keep accurate notes of how I fare under each code. AW is the least profitable over the last 3 years, but still slightly more ROI than I would get leaving money in the bank!

Good luck.

martinkil

Postby martinkil » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:35 am

And of course the Moneyform cards are a rich source of runners who regularly trade low - yet don't win - remember the * usually denote those who have won (Every now and then a horse will trade 1.01 and not win, and very rarely a horse will win and not trade at 1.01)

Steve

Postby Steve » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:40 pm

martinkil wrote:And of course the Moneyform cards are a rich source of runners who regularly trade low - yet don't win - remember the * usually denote those who have won (Every now and then a horse will trade 1.01 and not win, and very rarely a horse will win and not trade at 1.01)

Indeed Martin, it is my first port of call each day!!!

Return to “Trading Discussion”