B2L Front Runners/Challengers- Help Please!

Discuss trading options for the afternoon/evening racing
should be focused (mainly) on the pre-race market
jimonline

B2L Front Runners/Challengers- Help Please!

Postby jimonline » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:32 am

Hi,

Relatively new to the world of trading, any help would be more than appreciated.
I've been looking into B2L strategies and the best way to achieve best results.

I've been using info from the dobbing section to see which have traded low from BSP over time as well as dobbin day and other sources but finding it extremely hard to find any consistency.

I've looked in to backing at BSP then hedging at fixed % drop inplay as well as taking in play and using the software to manually green out when I believe the horse has hit its peak in running and can go no lower.

I've been using Geekstoy as well as dobbin day software but is taking some getting used to.

So basically if anyone can advice on;
- Best software to use. Or use betfair interface?
- Best live stream if any, or just to use betfair stream which is delayed?
- Best method in which to find front runners, horses that run well, where to start?
- What strategy works well, i.e taking BSP or simply taking in running for all selections?
- Which % to hedge out at. So ex taking 10.0 bsp is it best to aim for 50% hedges so laying at 5.0 or smaller drops?
- Do you suggest any L2B strategies or is B2L the best route to go?

AOTA + anything further

All help and advice would be more than appreciated,
Many Thanks

DrewH

Re: B2L Front Runners/Challengers- Help Please!

Postby DrewH » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:53 am

I installed cymatic a few weeks back but found it a bit "traumatic" to begin with. Not come out of demo mode yet but found the time to play with some US events last night. Tried backing favourites and auto laying at 20 to 30 percent margin with some success. But so little liquidity on those markets it's still early days for me. Also need to remember to use auto stoploss with care otherwise you always end up losing by default! :-) But the speed of execution is very useful - trying to back and lay simultaneously in running with the regular betfair is like the ultimate typing challenge

martinkil

Postby martinkil » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:16 pm

- Best software to use. Or use betfair interface?
I use the betfair interface, but I usually know the prices at which I'm going to lay back - an will take the hit if I'm not matched.

racingUK or their channels - otherwise use Betfair live video

- Best method in which to find front runners, horses that run well, where to start?
Use the Patternform pace pages

- What strategy works well, i.e taking BSP or simply taking in running for all selections?
I'll use the - **NEW** Price Movements - cards to try to work out probable price movements

- Which % to hedge out at. So ex taking 10.0 bsp is it best to aim for 50% hedges so laying at 5.0 or smaller drops?
Again I'm guided by it's previous moneyform history

I'm a B2L man - but that's just my preference

jimonline

Postby jimonline » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:14 pm

DrewH wrote:I installed cymatic a few weeks back but found it a bit "traumatic" to begin with. Not come out of demo mode yet but found the time to play with some US events last night. Tried backing favourites and auto laying at 20 to 30 percent margin with some success. But so little liquidity on those markets it's still early days for me. Also need to remember to use auto stoploss with care otherwise you always end up losing by default! :-) But the speed of execution is very useful - trying to back and lay simultaneously in running with the regular betfair is like the ultimate typing challenge

Ta for the reply.
Just had a quick look, seen a few different software options they all seem to pretty much do the same thing.
Agree it needs to be used over the standard betfair interface as it can get really difficult to get matched IP
Found stop losses to be more hassle than they're worth tbh.

jimonline

Postby jimonline » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:22 pm

martinkil wrote:- Best software to use. Or use betfair interface?
I use the betfair interface, but I usually know the prices at which I'm going to lay back - an will take the hit if I'm not matched.

racingUK or their channels - otherwise use Betfair live video

Use the Patternform pace pages

I'll use the - **NEW** Price Movements - cards to try to work out probable price movements

Again I'm guided by it's previous moneyform history

I'm a B2L man - but that's just my preference

Thanks for your reply.
Don't think I'll be using betfair interface anymore it's far too cloggy for me.
Geekstoy seems to do the job ok but been a bit funny recently not sure if it's to do with this API of betfair.

Been using bf live stream but the delay is a tad tilting. Was told the racing UK stream is closer to real time? but costs apparently per month.

I'm quite new to the site where are the pace page? could you post link please.
Can't find the price movement card either? Think I'm losing it.

Yeh I find the %/tick to hedge at, a real mission even using past form.

I think B2L is poss better due to liability.

martinkil

Postby martinkil » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:04 am

Price movement:

On any of the patterform or moneyform cards - i.e. today the moneyform card for the Exeter 2.30 is : http://www.patternform.co.uk/x20150421exeter_2g.php

Towards the top of the card after the race conditions there is a links. Click on the text - **NEW** Price Movements - to go to the price movement card. i.e.
http://www.patternform.co.uk/z20150421exeter_2g.php

To find out about these cards click on the - Price Movement Cards - Overview - link at the top of the card - http://www.patternform.co.uk/howto_pricemovement.htm

Pace cards

On any of the patterform or moneyform cards - i.e. today the moneyform card for the Exeter 2.30 is : http://www.patternform.co.uk/x20150421exeter_2g.php

Towards the top of the card on the right hand side there are three links. Click on the text - Pace - PaceV2 - or - PaceV3
I tend to use pace3 i.e.
http://www.patternform.co.uk/exeter_2015-04-21_230_pace_v3.php

jimonline

Postby jimonline » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:00 pm

Hi Martin

Thanks for your info, will take a look

James

jimonline

Postby jimonline » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:12 am

PACE QUESTION
Hi All

I/m quite new to the site.

Just wanted to ask a few questions regarding pace stats
3.55 Epsom - Imshivalla - http://www.patternform.co.uk/epsom_2015 ... ace_v3.php

Take Imshavalla for example
the first 1 (with red line) to the side what does that mean exactly

Is the most recent race the 2 then 3 then 1-1-1
It says at the top 10 runs but this is showing 12

Finding front runners would it be best to look for many 1's and 2's?

Also what does the small 999 mean on some of the races?

All help is appreciated
Thanks
James

martinkil

Postby martinkil » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:30 am

Already answered elsewhere

jimonline

Postby jimonline » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:40 am

Thanks

Return to “Trading Discussion”