Steamers Vs Drifters

Any comments on today's racing. Please don't just put in selections ... please add some reason why you think a runner will win
rayza1978

Steamers Vs Drifters

Postby rayza1978 » Wed May 23, 2018 1:26 pm

Hi Guys

Do drifting horse's within the top 3 of the betting perform better in running than steamers?
Im sure there is something there but looking for a second opinion.

My theory is its an OK Horse to be within the top 3 of the market but as its drifting you are getting a much better price.

Any Thoughts?

martinkil

Re: Steamers Vs Drifters

Postby martinkil » Fri May 25, 2018 6:51 am

Unless you have some stats to back it up - it's only an opinion which could be either correct or incorrect - it might be expensive to find out!

mickyj25

Postby mickyj25 » Sat May 26, 2018 12:35 pm

I only gave anecdotal evidence about this. Many a time a horse has drifted and hasn't done well for me. Conversely, as expected the market can get it wrong and a drifter can race very well. Steamers are the same, some win and some lose but it is very hit and miss. If you think ppl are betting or laying due to solid info then your argument has merit. Personally I just think it's sheep following sheep and your own opinion backed by some stats from Patternform is best.

mattgiffin

Postby mattgiffin » Wed May 30, 2018 11:28 am

i worked on a system called smoke and mirrors around 5 years ago and still use it now and it looks at price movements and patterns and to say it works is a understatement

it looks at drifters and steamers which follow a certain pattern

mainly drifts in 5 or drifts out 5 as well as returning to same odds or simply doesnt move att all

wont go too much in to it but keep looking at sportinglife live odds and you will soon see patterns

goodluck

Return to “Race Discussion”